We're using a process called Guided Inquiry Design. Here's a cool graphic and some definitions.
- Open: Invitation to inquiry, open minds, stimulate curiosity
- Immerse: Build background knowledge, connect to content, discover interesting ideas
- Explore: Explore interesting ideas, look around, dip in
- Identify: Pause and ponder, identify inquiry question, decide direction
- Gather: Gather important information, go broad, go deep
- Create: Reflect on learning, go beyond facts to make meaning, create to communicate
- Share: Learn from each other, share learning, tell your story
- Evaluate: Evaluate achievement of learning goals, reflect on content, reflect on process
Graphics and definitions are from:
Kuhlthau, Carol C., Leslie K. Maniotes and Ann K. Caspari. Guided Inquiry: A framework for your school. ABC-CLIO, 2012.
For more information about guided inquiry design, visit the GID website.