About the Keefe Library
Harry V. Keefe '39
In 1998, the generosity of Harry V. Keefe and family allowed the transformation of BLS's former cafeteria space into one of the finest secondary school libraries in the country. Special library features include an archive room, several classrooms, comfortable reading areas, study carrels and computer workstations. Numerous endowed book funds permit the acquisition of hundreds of new titles each year.
In pursuit of the broader mission of the Boston Public Schools, the Boston Public School Library Program collaborates in the teaching and learning of students to find and use information, effectively instilling a love of reading, providing a flexible space for individualized learning, and offering personalized connections with print, digital, and media resources, and information to support all facets of 21st century academic learning.
Can you tell fake from real news? Take the Fake News Quiz.
Modified hours for May:
- Mon. 5/8 - Closed 7:30-2:15 except AP testing. Closed after school. Librarians attending professional conference
- Tues. 5/9 - Closes at 2:15 p.m. for BLS professional developmnet
- Tues. 5/16 - Closed 7:30-2:15 p.m. for MCAS - Reopens after school
- Wed. 5/17 - Closed 7:30-2:15 p.m. for MCAS - Reopens after school
- Thurs. 5/18 - Closed 7:30 - 2:15 p.m. for Franklin Cluster Take Over Day - Reopens after school