Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Keefe Library! Come down for some brand new books.
Latest from the Keefe Library
The Keefe Library is open to study hall students during R1, 2, 3, 4, 6 & 7. Space is limited so prior sign-up is required.
- Students in Class I-V may come to the library for study hall starting on Wednesday, September 22. Visit SIS and click on the link for Keefe Library Temporary Study Hall Sign Up. Attendance will be shared with study hall teachers.
- Students in Class VI may come to the library for study hall after the 1st progress reports go home (October 7). All new Class VI students will need to visit SIS and click on the link Oculus Account Creation.
Before and after school
The Keefe Library is open and staffed by one of our two librarians every day from 7:25am - 4:00 pm. Students can always stop in (with a pass from a staff member) to check out or borrow books or to print.
- Before school All students may stop by the library before homeroom to ask questions, pick up or drop off books, borrow a Chromebook, or print.
- After school Due to current COVID precautions, we are currently capping after school attendance at 100 students. We ask that students show consideration and respect for others, coming to the library after school to use the space and resources wisely. Students may begin coming to the library after school on Wednesday, September 15. Visit SIS and click on the link for Keefe After School hours.
The silver lining to COVID necessity! The Keefe Cafe will be open to a limited number of students during each of the three lunch periods. Students will be eating at tables in the Fiction Room and will be expected to read or work quietly and to be neat eaters.. Please bring reading material, laptops, or other study materials as the library will not be open for browsing during this period. Check with dining hall supervisors to ask if there's space for you.
We are hoping to re-start Game Day after school on Fridays in the near future. Check back here for updates!
We need dedicated praefects to help run this program, so indicate interest on your praefect application.
Summer Reading 2021
Find all the summer reading requirements by grade level, links to ebooks, and information about setting up an account in Hoopla.
Volunteering in the Keefe Library
Students in Classes I-IV may volunteer in the library as praefects. We are no longer accepting praefect applications, but check with us periodically. Sometimes we need to add people! Praefect duties include:
- Checking in students during study hall, checking out books, Chromebooks, equipment
- Staffing library desk and assisting patrons
- Shelving and material processing
- Delivering equipment and materials
- Contributing to the Wolfpack Reads! book review blog
- Troubleshooting and stocking printers, copiers, scanners
- Staffing the Keefe Library's social media accounts
- Designing & creating displays, signs, bookmarks, instructional videos, handouts
- Helping with special library events