Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Health and Wellness
This page was designed to link you to information on health and wellness issues. You owe it to yourself and your friends to have useful facts about diet, exercise, your body and healthy choices. Use these sources to find them. These links are presented as informational resources and do not imply endorsement of any individual, organization, product, or philosophy.
Gale Health and Wellness
This database includes reference and secondary sources with up-to-date information on all health and wellness topics.
BAM Body and Mind
Sponsored by the Center for Disease Control (part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.) Information on diseases, diet, exercise and safety.
Boston Children's Hospital
An authoritative and up-to-date glossary of medical conditions commonly faced by children and teens, along with descriptions of standard treatment.
Conditions and Treatments
Facts about alcohol and drug use
- The Cool Spot Information for teens on alcohol use. Sponsored by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
- NIDA for Teens The National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens (sponsored by the National Institutes of Health.) Information on alcohol, tobacco products/e-cigarettes and drugs (including prescription medications, steroids, cough and cold medicines and marijuana.)
- Responsibility Sponsored by the alcohol industry, but excellent information and interactive graphics about underage drinking.
Facts about sexuality
- Planned Parenthood Information about birth control and how to find services.
- Scarleteen Articles, guides, fact sheets. Moderated forums and referral services.
- Sex, Etc. Articles by teens, moderated forums, videos about sexual health, comprehensive glossary.
Facts about safety
- CASA Advocacy and resources for children experiencing abuse or neglect.
- CSGV Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
- National Center for Victims of Crimes Help for crime victims, including dealing with trauma and grief.
- RAINN Preventing and reporting sexual assault. State-by-state information on laws regarding sexual assault.
- Safe Kids Sports safety, driving safety, water safety, etc. Advice, statistics.
Facts about mental health
NAMI National Alliance on Mental Illness. Articles, resources on warning signs, mental illness, finding help.
Funding provided by...
The information on this page has been currated and brought to you with federal funds provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and administered by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.